Job Category: Office
Schedule: Part-Time (Up to 32 Hours)
Salary: $17.00/hour, DOE
Receptionists are responsible for performing on-site clerical tasks to support daily business operations. Duties include greeting guests when they arrive, signing them in, answering inbound phone calls, sorting business and customer mail and more. Receptionists may also provide tours, tend to questions, do booking and track appointment schedules, ensure shared areas are professionally setup & maintained, and assist Management team when necessary.
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, checking-in & directing them appropriately
- Answering incoming phone calls
- Receive/collect, sort, and distribute mail & packages daily
- Check & track inventory
- Ensure reception and shared areas are tidy and presentable throughout the day
- Select and provide food and snacks for customers
- Provide basic and accurate sales information in-person and via phone/email
- Manage calendars, schedules, reservations for suite bookings
- Scanning and digital filing
- Process guest billings and payments
- Provide excellent customer service
- Attend and help out before, during, and after events as able
- Available and willing to work on-site
- Quick learner
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Go-getter with ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask with great time-management skills
- Willingness to jump in and help out on various tasks
- Customer service understanding and attitude
Skills and Qualifications:
- Verbal Communication Skills – able to listen carefully, ask relevant questions, organize and deliver the right information, speak clearly and confidently using appropriate language.
- Written Communication Skills – pay attention to detail in written communication using correct grammar, language, and spelling.
- Customer Service Skills – able to develop good customer relations by being aware, listening to, and understanding the customer needs and providing the right options or solutions.
- Decision Making Skills – collect the necessary information to make a sound decision based on facts and available resources after considering alternatives.
- Adaptability – able to quickly and effectively adjust to changing circumstances and new priorities. Able to successfully interact with diverse individuals.
- Professional – know when to be professional vs. playful and where to draw the line in behavior, communication, and appearance.
The Perks of getting a job with Spoke Coworking
- Free Coworking space usage (limited to off hours and when space is not in use)
- Have your voice be heard as part of a new and growing business
- Unlimited vacation for full-time workers
- Paid sick time for all employees
- Flexible schedules
More Details (day-to-day)
This position is likely to evolve as we grow, depending upon the needs of our customers. We see this role and business to be a bit of a crossover between hospitality and retail. The person in this role, could work their way into the Management position. With business hours between 7AM – 6PM we need someone on-site in a morning shift to open before 7AM and someone at the later time to close after 6PM. Alternately, if we find the right pair of people, alternating days could work.
On a day-to-day basis this person will work at the front desk being attentive to and available to welcome people, provide tours and pricing, answer incoming phone calls or reply to texts and emails, and schedule & assign the use of the various suites. Also included will be processing payments for office or lounge use.
There will be general walkthroughs to make sure all food/beverage areas are stocked as well as discussions with owners regarding purchasing and supplying same. Day-to-day duties could include general clean up or wiping down of surfaces and helping prepare meeting spaces for members and customers; that means placing chairs, stocking a mini-fridge, or setting out waters, pens, paper, etc.
There could additionally be odd jobs including loading and unloading the dishwasher, restocking clean dishes and paper products, snacks and beverages. Assistance on event days could include helping setup and cleaning up after events.
This person will report to the Manager (or Owners) working as a team to be present and available as various situations and requests arise.
Additionally, as we grow there could be need for this person to collect and distribute mail, help customers with printing/scanning/copying, or general computer and internet access.
The person to fit this role should be a tech-savvy, self-starter that communicates very well with others and is a team player. This person should also be able to do light lifting as may be needed for event setup and clean up.